There are several fitness trackers in the market and finding one should not be a daunting task. Most fitness trackers are designed to help you monitor daily activities and workouts as well as sleep patterns. However, not all devices you come across will exhibit desirable characteristics. When some are simply uncomfortable, others offer basic features that add no significant value. It is therefore important to keenly review your options before purchase. Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker is one of the popular choices in the market and offers several desirable benefits. Here is a brief review of the tracker including its features, pros and cons:
Features and specification
Alta tracker comes with various trademark features found in Fitbit fitness trackers. This customizable fitness wristband is designed to motivate you and enliven your personal style. It used Bluetooth 4.0 and a USB to sync with over 200 different smartphones and computers up to 20 feet away. Some of the features you will find include the following;
• Activity tracking – It can be used to track all daily activities ranging from number of steps you make to distance travelled, active minutes and calories burned.
• Sleep monitoring – it tracks sleep patterns at night and includes a silent alarm to help you wake up better. You can always disable the automatic sleep tracker if you like.
• Ergonomic display – the OLED screen ensures all notifications and displays are easy to read day or night. It displays all the statistics, time, notifications, texts and calls.
There are other features like smart track that recognizes exercises immediately and gives you instant credit for the effort. The Fitbit Alta fitness tracker comes in metal, sport and leather wristbands so you can find the right tracker for different occasions. It is also water-resistant and can be used in the shower although it is advisable to rinse and dry after use as the tracker works more efficiently when dry.
Pros of the tracker
• Stylish design used makes it ideal for any occasion
• The trackers are sweat, splash and rain proof
• Tracks all daytime activities as well as sleep patterns
• Long battery life (up to five days before recharging)
• Easy-to-read display eliminates straining even on a sunny day
• Comfortable and lightweight wristband tracker
Cons of the tracker
• The maximum character length for text messages does not allow for lengthy messages and names
• You may not retrace missed calls or texts from the device (you will need to locate that info from your phone)
• In some cases, firmware update may be required the first time you attempt to charge
Fitbit Alta fitness tracker is generally a perfect tracking device for anyone including children. It is comfortable, has a plush design and utilizes the most recent technologies to ensure all daily activities are accurately recorded. Most users love it and rate it above other top competitors in the market as it offers everything you are looking for in a wristband fitness tracker. It is advisable to purchase from credible licensed stores like Amazon that can guarantee original quality products. Such stores also offer guarantees and warranties including provisions for replacement/refund in case the delivered product fails to meet your expectations.